To My Soulmate

For long I have sought solace in a shelter,
That time and again changed its form. 
Sometimes it was solitude, 
Sometimes a storm. 

Words mysteriously elude me now, 
As I sit to pour my heart out to you.
For my pen has known not a thing beyond dismay,
And how miraculously you take that away! 

It is strange how I do not want to scribble songs of heartbreak anymore, 
And exploit my gloom like before. 
For you have passed me the candle casting away the darkness I basked in, 
And today I am willing to give up my melancholic pen with a grin. 

It is beautiful how life leads me to roads
I have imagined never.
Despite this uncertainty all around, 
You are the home I would love to come back to, 
forever. 

-----------------------------------

With the world wailing.
And our future paling.
And our mental health ailing.
And our creativity failing.
Sometimes it is a task to just 
make it through the day.
And I crib, I curse, I pray, I fuss my way. 
And during those times a glimpse of your smile 
rejuvenates me to carry on, 
And then I realize why at this phase of life, 
with you I chanced upon. 
And why it took me so very long.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The saga of groom hunting

Confessions of a 30-year-old grandma

An ode to the mundane