To Heartbreaks

A part of you I allow to break free, 
For the shackles in my heart
Throttle you down.
A part of you I nurture through poetry, 
Hoping they might blossom
And fill my garden somehow.
But the remaining part I still retain,
Much like a moon you wax and wane. 

At daybreak
We tryst in my thoughts.
We talk, we laugh
Till twilight engulfs.
Hoping against hope, 
I look for love in your eyes.
I discover serenity in my solitude,
Amid your apathetic replies.

You cannot comprehend my language
It seems,
Not the one I speak but the one intertwined 
With my soul, with my dreams.
So after you depart,
I intoxicate myself to the brim.
With the love I hold for you,
Wreaking havoc, within. 

I draw you close, close to my bosom, 
Not you but your memories
I have let live inside me
Since long I assume.
Shielded, untainted,
Frozen in time.
Just like how I have known them, 
Beautiful and sublime.

Memories that embrace me
Like a warm blanket on a wintry night, 
When no more unrequited letters to you
I vow to ever write. 
And while our paths
Have subtly diverged into the unknown.
I am still stuck at the crossroad,
Waiting, cold and alone. 













 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The saga of groom hunting

Confessions of a 30-year-old grandma

An ode to the mundane