To Incomprehensible Poetry



I scroll through the poems on my Facebook page,

I read them with utmost care,

After having contemplated hard, for quite some time,

I give it up with vain and despair.

For how much ever simple those lines might be,

I realize bitterly poetry is not for me.


I admire the vacant walls of my classroom,

While the teacher recites out loud,

Glancing a thousand times at the clock,

I so long desire, to be driven free.

Incapable of taking in the essence of verses,

I shamefully confess poetry is not for me.


Never-the-less, I try penning down a stanza or two,

But never a word ever comes out of me.

With reality clipping my wings of imagination,

With a heavy heart I sigh, poetry ain't my cup of tea!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The saga of groom hunting

Confessions of a 30-year-old grandma

An ode to the mundane